Office 365 How To Add A Custom Tile To The App Menu
Recently I’ve been playing with PowerApps and wanted to ensure the app was available from the top left app menu for all users. We’ve implemented the leave request PowerApp template to approve different types of leave, holidays, sick days etc. We wanted everyone to have easy access to this app without them having the favorite the web page, especially useful when working out on the road.
You can use this method to add just about any web based application you use in your business.
1. Log into the admin center as a global administrator here
Browse to ‘Settings’ then ‘Orgranization profile’ and click on ‘Edit’.
2. Click ‘Add a custom tile’.
3. Enter the details for the new tile in the app menu. Here i’ve entered the details for our leave request PowerApp. Enter a name, URL, description and URL to the application. You can add any URL you wish here including other websites and services.
4. Click close.
5. Your new menu tile will appear in the list, click Close.
6. Now when a user logs in, they can click ‘More Apps’ and they will see the new application listed.
7. You will need to instruct users on how to Pin the app to the primary menu for quick access.
8. Once Pinned the application will display whenever the user clicks the main app menu!