How to Reset PowerChute Business Edition Password
If you cant remember what the password to your PowerChute Business Edition control panel no problem it’s easy to reset.
1. You will need to be on version 10 or later for this to work. If you are on an earlier version then first upgrade the version installed. Simply download the latest version from here:
2. Do an in place upgrade, no restarts will be required but it may prompt to install Visual C++ Redistributable. This only takes a minute or so.
3. Now browse to the installation folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\agent
4 . Open the pcbeconfig.ini folder in notepad and add the following three lines to the top of the file as shown. Replace the username and password with ones of your own choosing.[Credentials]
The username must be at least 6 characters.
The password must be between 6 and 128 characters in length.
– The password requires:
• Minimum 8 and maximum 128 characters in length
• 1 upper and lower case letter
• 1 number or special character
• The username cannot be part of the password.
5 . Now open services.msc and restart the ‘APC PBE Agent’ service.
6. You will now be able to login using the new username and password.